Monday, June 8, 2009

Please be Patient!

My time has been monopolized by my job search and getting my Examiner.com traffic up, so I haven't posted hardly anything on DP. I hope to change that soon, with the NHL and NBA Drafts approaching, the Wild soon to hire a coach, NHL free agency, and Gopher Hockey hot stove league stuff. I appreciate your patience, and please check back often for updates here.

For my Twins-related coverage, check out my Examiner home page. I wrote three articles this morning, so please check it out.

Emptying the notebook:
  • Roman has the Gopher hockey schedule here. It apparently is changing, so check this site for updates.
  • Check my blogroll for some blog sites for Colorado College, North Dakota, MSU-Mankato, Wisconsin, and St. Cloud State. There's not much going on in the world of college hockey, but be sure to check those sites to keep up with news on our rivals.
  • Congratulations to St. Cloud State's Bob Motzko, who received a six-year contract extension recently. He's a good coach who has that program on the rise again. I say often that the Gopher/St. Cloud rivalry of the early part of this decade was as good as it gets in college hockey, and Motzko's the guy to get that going again soon.
  • Here are some mock NHL Drafts to look at (Schroeder, Budish, etc.): NHLDraftSite.com; mynhldraft.com; Total Pro Sports.
  • According to this from Michael Russo, new Wild GM Chuck Fletcher hopes to have a coach named soon. Still hoping for Peter Laviolette, although Todd Richards would be fine as well.
  • The Cup will be hoisted tomorrow night, in my opinion. Watching Detroit play is just beautiful - even though I do not personally like the Wings. They do everything well and the way they skate and pass the puck is almost majestic.

No comments:

Post a Comment